How to Lead a Carefree Life?
My exam schedule is so hectic. My car’s transmission has been giving me extreme troubles. I don’t have the patience to keep a relationship going. Have you been having these type of thoughts more and more lately? I sure as hell have been. And what I’ve learnt over the past few weeks is that the problems weren’t the fact that my exam schedule was hectic or that my current car runs like a shit box, the real problems were in me. I came to that conclusion because even after finishing all of my exams or fixing the problem with my car’s transmission, that constant anxious/edgy feeling was still there. It felt like it even evolved into something worse. Thankfully I’m going on vacation for a week so that troubling edge will hopefully subside a little, but I think it’s more in the thought that “Oh, I’m going on vacation so it is only natural that it relieves my stress” even though I know the real cause is in the mind frame. The ways I find best to relieve stress and lead a life that is carefree, stressfree, and troublefree is to follow a wise little philosophy developed by the fascinating meerkat and warthog duo who introduced the world to “Hakuna Matata”. Now it’s key to take that troublefree philosophy and expand on it.
- Don’t over-think or over-analyze anything that doesn’t require it. There are times when our complete attention is required in order to successfully make a business decision that will effect the future of your company, but at other times, like when you’re buying a pair of socks, just make sure the two socks match and be on your way. This leads me to the second point.
- Organize your goals and daily chores on paper or in your BlackBerry. This really helps with relieving some anxieties from constantly feeling like you’re forgeting to do something.
- This next one I’m going to go right ahead and steal from the film Fight Club: Have no fear. No distractions. The ability to let that which does not matter truly slide. This is fundamental to leading a carefree lifestyle. There are lots of things that we spend way too much time and nerves on that don’t have any real meaning. Lose a mile, gain a mile, we’re still all heading to the same tight-spaced box so try to focus on the important things in life. So if someone buds you in line at a crispy cream donut shop, don’t go loco on the guy, just let it be… unless of course you’re in a shitty mood then it’s alright to assert your aggression to rebalance your physical and mental structure.
- Let go of all that bullshit piled up at the back of your mind. We hold way too much stupid, useless, unproductive, and threatful thoughts or emotions towards various things in life and it’s time to let them all go. Take a few deep breaths, close your eyes, calm yourself, and finally feel all that crap flow out of you along with your exhale of carbon dioxide.
- Don’t get stuck on the past, instead look forward to the bright and sunny future, while doing all the things in your outlined goals (see point 2) to bring it to fruition.
- Don’t hold too much in. When you notice that you’re in a position where your reputation is not going to be effected if you do say some obnoxious things and act recklessly, then go right ahead, it will eventually wear you out in a good way, making you feel emotionally heightened and somewhat rejuvenated.
In the comment section, let me know of any other ways you feel work for you in leading a hakuna matata-styled, carefree life.